[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » Beginning to play competitively (Reply to register)
Beginning to play competitively
JamessuperfunDate: Monday, 11/01/2016, 8:40 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Founder
As you may already know, Band of Brothers is looking to start a competitive team. This will be a group of more dedicated players which are willing to commit to play at regular times on a regular basis and train to compete against other groups. Be warned that this will come with important expectations. If they are not met (For example, repeatedly not turning up to training) you will be kicked off the team, and you will likely not have another chance to join.

For those who are here just for a casual community, you wont have any new expectations.

Exactly how serious this group will be all depends on those who are interested. If you wish to discuss this, suggest anything or ask any questions let me know.

Please reply to this thread to express your interest (not to ask questions). I'll speak to those who reply about what they would like from this and put together a plan moving forward with those involved.

For a general discussion of this change, please use this post's comments.

Edit: Please, don't use this thread as a place to discuss (discussion replies will be removed). Use the comments for the above thread. This is simply to create a list of people.

"Dip, dip, potato chip" - James Blunt

DarrenDate: Monday, 11/01/2016, 8:57 PM | Message # 2
Major
Group: Dedicated Member
I'm in ! But : I only can play after 20-21u (Belgium) and every 2 weeks I go for 5 days to my dad without pc. so that might be a problem to follow every training and maybe match. U can Always use me as reservist.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Monday, 11/01/2016, 9:07 PM | Message # 3
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
I'd be in as well.
If Darren will be a reservist, we are screwed AF hahaha :)
Best time for me would be 8 - 9 GMT (9 - 10 my time). If I won't be able to make it for a training, I'm not sure how much in advance I'd able to notify you, since my schedule is very random and hard to predict.

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

TheGiac74Date: Monday, 11/01/2016, 10:01 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
I motivate to be one of the team but the last 3 weeks, my laptop has some fucking problem : graphic card pb, can't stop correctly ...

So for the moment, i can't play at regular times sad

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Monday, 18/01/2016, 3:43 PM | Message # 5
Bump (so that people can see it in Forum Activity)

- Used to be an Admin...

yerrrdavidDate: Monday, 18/01/2016, 4:44 PM | Message # 6
Private
Group: Registered
Let me know the details

Skull_fucDate: Saturday, 23/01/2016, 12:24 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Ya , when the hell are we going to do this??????

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 23/01/2016, 4:04 PM | Message # 8
Quote Skull_fuc ()
Ya , when the hell are we going to do this??????
Waiting for James to make a move...

- Used to be an Admin...

Skull_fucDate: Monday, 25/01/2016, 9:13 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant colonel
Alex get off yer arse and get this shit up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Monday, 25/01/2016, 10:15 PM | Message # 10
^^ That right there. Let's do something! wink

- Used to be an Admin...

BayernsoldatDate: Wednesday, 27/01/2016, 5:32 PM | Message # 11
Private
Usually i would be interested depending on when and how often we train.

basedgod1GDate: Thursday, 28/01/2016, 5:22 PM | Message # 12
Sergeant
Group: Banned
It's nice that you are looking to expand into further horizons (if that makes sense), but from all, friendly honesty James, you need more, experienced and capable people. No offence meant towards anyone at all. Competitive isn't easy as pie if you aren't used to stomping/doing well solo on pubs in more than one aspect.

Message edited by basedgod1G - Thursday, 28/01/2016, 5:23 PM

GrumpehBritDate: Saturday, 30/01/2016, 1:32 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Hi
My suggestion would be to take a look round at available ladder (preferred) leagues as you tend to start at the bottom and play people of similar talents at first...rising in the steep curve to total anal rapage :P

Once you for one or more, look at the mode and team size required and start a weekly practise,  done over two nights to accommodate those from other zones / work etc.

Keep the practises focused but fun, but also have a session within the session that focused on tactics...and this is a WHOLE new can of worms to open

You will need one or more War Arrangers, kinda like a liaison officer / organiser (can be frustrating) and a couple doing tactics.  Always have a backup person for these roles...to step in when others are out with domestic disputes (happens...we love the girlies or boys depending on your preference) / holidays / internetz explosions and PC issues..

I would say, that you need to be getting a regular 10+ people turning up regular before you can contemplate this unless you go all eSports Egoheaded and do like 2v2 / 4v4 TDMy leagues.  Be warned tho, the smaller teams can get 'clicky' once they get to know each other well..not a bad thing but can end in tears.

As to skill... remember its a team game...and a well oiled prepared team can do a lot of damage smile

Message edited by DementiaCat - Saturday, 30/01/2016, 1:34 PM

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 30/01/2016, 2:41 PM | Message # 14
Great suggestions, thanks a lot! :D
For now, I believe we are going to have something like "Elite players" that participate in such scrims or trainings. We should keep it fun at all times, don't want this to turn into a job (at least while you're in BoB, for those that want real ESL, they should join another platoon).

- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Saturday, 30/01/2016, 4:02 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Please try not to alienate your loyal members mind...maybe arrange some fun nights to involve as many as can show up...it can easily turn into 'them and us' when you do the whole 'elite' thing.
Like pistol only or rpg only sessions etc
Participating in leagues / ladders can and will attract others to join, but also creating an 'elite' side can lead to increased ego and splinter clans forming...seen this many times.

Its really hard to keep balance between winning and moral being high, having fun, and playing your best team at all times...

everyone likes to win, but not everyone likes robotic gameplay...

GL with this, its good clan progression mind smile

Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » Beginning to play competitively (Reply to register)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

?>