• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Games Discussion » Battlefield 4 discussion » 48/64 Man BF4 Server
48/64 Man BF4 Server
GrumpehBritDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 2:51 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Hi

when I joined BoB I explained that I wanted to get a server myself.  This has two purposes, one - I am keen to learn rcon / admin commands / issues / setup etc for a BF4 server and how to manage games (matches) on it, and two - my aim is to possibly use previous contacts in low places :P and create a ladder league not too far from the old clanbase (which is sadly missed)....this is a pet project of mine.

I am also keen to help this clan out, I am aware that there is already a nice little 24 man server, and I'm not asking for admin rights to it, its not mine to ask... but I notice its not busy a lot and I am keen to establish why ?

With this in mind, I am going to rent myself a 48/64 man BF4 server real soon.

This server, will be property of BoB...end of.  It will be branded, clan pimped and adminning (I hope) with the good of the clan name in mind.

So, firstly I need some admins, please message her if you have rcon / procon experience for servers and have the right 'firm but fair' attitude to being an admin, and I will liaise with Jamessuperfaggot to enable your admin rights.  I need really people that are around, and are able to do the job not just have the rights and do jack shit when the shit hits the fan server wise...Nazi hitler types need not apply thanks....

Secondly I need some feedback as to what you want running on it.  There is ZERO point giving me a wish list that creates a server that sits idle at peak times.  I want it seeded, then full, then saved to favourites...its a community hub not a TOWIE showcase.  There is also no point making a server that a lot of the clan fails to play on, that's the idea, we play on it..we like it, we are ambassadors for the clan.

Give me maps, game types, rules (if warranted) that fit 48-64 people...else I will Locker Fag it up mixed mode with no explosives.

I am still very very keen to establish what is stopping our 24 man being full at peak times, I have some ideas why, but need confirmation.  I am also not wishing to bowl in and push this established server to one side, someone IS paying for it, and deserves our attention also...

let me know pls

DC

ZeleneDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 5:02 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Banned
Tbh i like all Final Stand maps beside Giants of Karelia! Really good maps! But locker could work aswell! The only thing with locker is just the cluster fuck thing as we talked about!

But Final Stand maps you never go wrong with!

48 players if you chose Locker plz :)

// King of Denmark

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 5:10 PM | Message # 3
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
First of all: I gonna pimp that server hard! Now, let's get down to business.

I don't have a lot of ProCon experience, started using it yesterday. TBH, it's not that hard to use. I already changed maps, added some people to the whitelist, added hackcheck for people via the Battlelog, so that you can use that feature in a different way and simply get the player's Battlelog profile within seconds without having to copy names etc. Such shit is very useful and I think I will get the hang of ProCon really fast.
The Plugins, on the other hand, are beasts you have to tame. There are sooo many, community-made, and some are very complex to use and learn, but once set up and filtered to use only the important stuff, and not 20 different kinds of enforced killing and team nuking while switching every single person to the other team in experimental phase (that also exists hahaha). There are Plugins for everything, from killing people that have shit in their loadout on spawn or on kill, to having those messages in chat like "X grabbed and stabbed Y", or something like reducing the server size from 64 to 24 when you run Domination (examples). Votemap is a plugin, too.
I just realized that what I've done to the server yesterday (switched maps, changed a part of the name, and added people to the whitelist) got reset... I don't know why that fucking happened, maybe JamesFGT opened ProCon after me and accidentally loaded his saved settings... Mine definitely had effect at the time, I checked on Battlelog. We'll have to look into that further later on.

If you were to give me admin rights, I can assure you that shit will hit the fan and that I will do random ass shit, but only for the first couple of days. After that I will probably become the admin you are looking for because doing stupid shit will get boring (you can't launch a jeep in the air with C4 50 times and still have fun 51st, cuz it's the same as the 50 time before tongue ).

I absolutely endorse the idea of playing on our own server, in fact if the maps are good, I'd play on it 24/7 knowing no admin will kick me for K/D or SPM, for my Claymore in the loadout or because I said "shit" in chat and got banned. Having your server and getting into it even when it's full without worrying about people going 57/2 and camping MAA (again, examples) - that is why you want to join a clan, TBH. That is the joy of Battlefield. 

The maps I'd like... hard to choose. Votemap is interesting, but you have YOUR server so that the clan can play on the maps THEY want to, not what others chose. Then I could join any random ass server. I know you shouldn't be an ass admin and only do what you want, that has a measure too.
Personally, I'd like some Premium maps. However, we are not a clan that requires Premium to join and many people don't have it. In that case, they won't be able to join such a server even if the current map is, say, Lockers. On the other hand, Premium has 20 maps, and Dragons Teeth and Naval Strike are very cool and I really enjoy them. Final Stand is a thing for itself, and you need Metro if you have Lockers. There will always be servers running Vanilla maps, but there aren't many running specific good Premium maps, apart from the stupid Silk Road (God, I hate that map). 
The solution to this might be existent. I've seen a server that was listed as Vanilla, no DLCs. Then out of the blue, the next map was Metro and the server magically included DLCs and those maps in rotation, so said Battlelog, too. Therefore, we could have that many Vanilla maps in rotation that on Battlelog you can only see those maps since other don't fit in the list, but when you want to, you can chose the next map to be from DLC and the server will be listed as DLC. We have to look into that too, maybe you can just add a new map from ProCon and switch the next match to that, like I did with our server while writing this very sentence. It seems like you don't have to restart the server to do that, but we need to do some testing with a server that isn't empty first.

I like the maps JamesFGT named, but I think we need more in rotation. There so many good maps on modes you wouldn't thing would work well. And Siege reminded me: James is against killing / kicking people that are dominating the server with something like an Attack Helicopter, when you want to fly one and can't get it because of them. Dementia, what are your thoughts on that? If the server is yours and you wanted to fly that helicopter or jet or whatever, but there was a guy nolifing it on either team, would you admin kill him or not?

24 slot server is not full because it isn't seeded. We went and played a 3v3 on it the other day. Withing 5 minutes, it became 11v10. So, you can definitely fill it. 

IMO, I think you should team up with Lander (he's renting the smaller server) and the two of you should rent a 64 slot server. We ain't no SF clan with 6 server, each with 64 players, that can afford to have another server sitting there only for scrims and trainings. As you've said, somebody is paying for that.

That's all from me, peace out bitches wink

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Friday, 18/03/2016, 10:24 PM

GrumpehBritDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 5:17 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Personally I enjoy the new dragon valley on conquest just seems like you can come back even when pinned down.  I am also a locker fag yes I agree but its pick up and play map when you have little time...
Just need to weed out the crappy maps, think about a nice mix of modes that work for 48/64 and ill make a final decision from there as long as FGTJames is happy with me doing so.

As I said, this isn't just about the clan, I need to learn shit for BF4 and would rather do it while helping clan community wise

Added (18/03/2016, 5:17 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So lets assume I do a conquest 64 man

what would be the ideal ticket count for a game to last for about 30 mins per map ?

ZeleneDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 5:24 PM | Message # 5
Private
Group: Banned
Id say 2000+ tix

GrumpehBritDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 5:28 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
yeah I was thinking 1600+ anyway

JamessuperfunDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 8:54 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Group: Founder
Sounds awesome man! Look forward to having a chat on TS about it, we can go over all the reasons and perhaps come up with some sort of plan to help keep these servers seeded. I think it's mostly that everyone wants a full, seeded server but most people don't want to invest the time sitting in it empty to get it full.

I'd recommend we go for a mix of maps and modes. Rather than going for exclusively small or large maps, a mix would satisfy everyone. I think 64-man would be best (particularly due to the large maps), but I think a 48-slot with a layer, no branding and possibly 45Hz would be better than a 64-slot without the extras. VoteMap would be nice, but here's a suggestion list, I'd really like to see something like this (And would motivate me to leave my rig on seeding quite a lot!):

Hangar 21 - CQL 1600Tk
Operation Locker - CQL 2x800Tk
Dragon Valley - CQL 1600Tk
Lancing Dam - TDM (Might not work on high players?)
Siege of Shanhai - CQL 1200Tk
Any Naval Strike - Carrier Assault
Operation Locker - Rush/Obliteration
Flood Zone - CQL 1000Tk
Operation Outbreak - Chain Link

I'm honestly not much of a fan of the current maps/modes on our 24-slot server. I think Domination works really well though, we should focus on that and TDM. The odd Chain Link works OK on 24-slots too.

"Dip, dip, potato chip" - James Blunt

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 10:35 PM | Message # 8
I agree with James on many topics. See my upper reply for my opinions (I was gone and could write the damn thing only now.)

Added (18/03/2016, 10:35 PM)
Replied on top, this is a bump.

- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Saturday, 19/03/2016, 12:57 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
James the only issue I can see is the one of people not having all the dlc.
Whilst they should have it, many cba to buy shit :)
So I take it that you can set different ticket rates etc per map...this is new to me, CS:S server where a lot more straight forward smile

JamessuperfunDate: Saturday, 19/03/2016, 3:33 PM | Message # 10
Colonel general
Quote DementiaCat ()
James the only issue I can see is the one of people not having all the dlc.
Whilst they should have it, many cba to buy shit :)
So I take it that you can set different ticket rates etc per map...this is new to me, CS:S server where a lot more straight forward

It may be possible to use a plugin to remove the premium maps from rotation while its on another map. The non premium people can seed the other server until that round ends - I propose mostly non premium maps.

It sucks for the non premium people, but unfortunately that's a lot of the content in the game to ignore. Perhaps the 24-slot can be non premium.

I'm looking forward to getting it going, if that's the plan. Do you know what sort of time you're planning to rent it?

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 19/03/2016, 5:21 PM | Message # 11
Please don't do games of 30 mins... that is so boring. It has to be faster, like 1200 tickets. Get shit over with, let's run a new map! Not being stuck in the same fucking map forever. Just my opinion.

And for the maps - we can change them, for fucks sake :P Nobody has to set them permanently biggrin You can put any map you want in rotation next withing half a minute, so it's not that relevant that we have to choose all the maps in advance and never change them. Only the general idea in necessary, and details can be adjusted and changed on the go, with time.

- Used to be an Admin...

JamessuperfunDate: Saturday, 19/03/2016, 5:52 PM | Message # 12
Colonel general
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
And for the maps - we can change them, for fucks sake :P Nobody has to set them permanently You can put any map you want in rotation next withing half a minute, so it's not that relevant that we have to choose all the maps in advance and never change them. Only the general idea in necessary, and details can be adjusted and changed on the go, with time.

I disagree. While we can change it to run different things every so often, we need them to be sitting on one list most of the time. Otherwise random players wont want to bookmark it because it doesn't run shit they like. With one list, people can find they like the server, bookmark it and help it grow.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 19/03/2016, 6:19 PM | Message # 13
I see what you mean. But nothing is set in stone anyways... We'll definitely be changing maps a lot in the first few weeks. Should we make a poll on the website? The amount of options might be ridiculous :P Maybe just Premium or not Premium for the first vote? Just so we see if like 70% of people will vote for not Premium / Vanilla only, then we might have a problem.

Added (19/03/2016, 6:19 PM)
Plebs... Add this server to your favorites and PLAY ON IT. That's an order :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4....ed-Maps

- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Saturday, 19/03/2016, 6:20 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
its up

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/ab11a993-be80-47d0-ba41-414c3c076620/BoB-Band-Of-Brothers-EU1-Mixed-Mode/

still a way to go set up wise.

this is to complement the 24 slot one which I am to believe is going to reconfigured in line with its slots.... great news...lets get seeding !

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 19/03/2016, 6:48 PM | Message # 15
ALL HAIL DementiaCat! :D

- Used to be an Admin...

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Saturday, 19/03/2016, 6:49 PM

Forum » Games Discussion » Battlefield 4 discussion » 48/64 Man BF4 Server
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

?>