[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » BoB on Battlefield 1?
BoB on Battlefield 1?
hauquiermDate: Thursday, 13/10/2016, 11:09 AM | Message # 1
Major
Group: Friends
Hey team,

Is Band of Brothers going to be alive and kicking on Battlefield 1?
If the answer is yes, who is going to lead our clan? & Is BoB going to rent a public or private server?

Thanks. And remember, folks. There is no spoon.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Thursday, 13/10/2016, 3:49 PM | Message # 2
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
Yes, we will!

We'll be active both in BF4 and BF1, depending on what people want to play. It is expected that we will get many new players now, coming to Battlefield for the first time.

Staff that ran the clan so far will run it both in BF1 and BF4. Depending on how many new Members we will get, we might get some more Staff. What I'm having in mind is one American Leader, one more EU Leader, and a couple more recruiters.

If you wish to apply for Staff, talk to SgtDarkPhoenix over TS or Battlelog!

Not sure about servers... If we will get one, it will be Public and switched temporarily to Private for any Events (password protected). Will it be 24 slots, 32, 48 or maybe even 64 slots is up to the people who will be renting it. We had one guy who was supposed to rent a 48 or 64 slot BF1 server, but he left the clan and now he's getting married on Saint Lucia... I guess he's coming back  tongue
As Membership is free, you can't expect us to have a server by default. It depends on the people willing to pay for it, or help expand it.

Hope I helped smile

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

hauquiermDate: Thursday, 13/10/2016, 4:52 PM | Message # 3
Major
OK, thanks for the heads-up.

PukoDate: Friday, 14/10/2016, 0:37 AM | Message # 4
Sergeant of Master Sergeants Most Important Person
Group: Administrator
Quote hauquierm ()
There is no spoon.
And cake is a lie

Boost? Phoenix will ban you !
Complain? Phoenix will ban you !
If you... Phoenix will ban you !
Disagree with Phoenix? PERMA BAN !!!

JamessuperfunDate: Friday, 14/10/2016, 10:40 AM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Group: Founder
As far as servers are concerned...

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb....field-1
Following the Battlefield™ 1 launch, we will start rolling out a Rent-a-Server Program that will allow players to set up their own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.
Starting close after launch, you will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1. In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support.
On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016.
Expect to hear more about it as we approach the release of the Rent-a-Server program. We can’t wait to see you on the battlefield!

It sounds like BF1 will be a lot more restricted in terms of control - we may not see options such as ProCon or Rconnet. We will just have to wait and see, but if the options are good, I'm keen on paying out of pocket for a server simply so we can have one from the launch of the game going forward.

In terms of staff, the current organisers of the platoon will continue. I will be returning to a more active role in running the platoon and we will likely need additional recruiters to help with the increased demand close to launch. I agree with Phoenix's above proposals.

"Dip, dip, potato chip" - James Blunt

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 14/10/2016, 3:54 PM | Message # 6
Also, there's this (quite similar?):
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us....program
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us....program

Quote Jamessuperfun ()
I agree with Phoenix's above proposals.

HOLY FUCK, ANOTHER ONE!?

- Used to be an Admin...

hauquiermDate: Saturday, 15/10/2016, 1:57 PM | Message # 7
Major
Quote Jamessuperfun ()
It sounds like BF1 will be a lot more restricted in terms of control - we may not see options such as ProCon or Rconnet.

EA has hired the founder of Procon. smile

JamessuperfunDate: Saturday, 15/10/2016, 3:44 PM | Message # 8
Colonel general
Group: Founder
Quote hauquierm ()
EA has hired the founder of Procon.

Good news, but I wouldn't count on that making it great. AMD hired the developer of RadeonPro to work on Raptr, but frankly RadeonPro was a fucktonne better.

"Dip, dip, potato chip" - James Blunt

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 15/10/2016, 3:47 PM | Message # 9
Quote Jamessuperfun ()
Good news, but I wouldn't count on that making it great. AMD hired the developer of RadeonPro to work on Raptr, but frankly RadeonPro was a fucktonne better.

Here you can see the normal, highly pessimistic James.
Welcome back fucker hahahaha

- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Wednesday, 19/10/2016, 3:35 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Hello,

Yes I will be getting a BF1 server...it will be controlled by BoB.
Yes I got married in St Lucia, came back yesterday and still jet lagged / on another time zone and no idea where or what I am...give me a chance to get my head round being alive :P
Not sure about anything else have been pretty much considering retiring from online clan gaming and I got pretty upset over a few things of late.... I had a lot of things to do prior to going away so my head wasn't in this, hopefully I can now re focus and get back to it permanently

EA / Dice have been musing for a while to try and create an in house procon type control for BF1 but they are pretty fail when it comes to total control as they are security mad... expect them to U turn anytime soon and provide 3rd parties with enough access to create a procon or similar for BF1.
For now you will have to control via whatever shit bag addon they tack onto the UI sad

p.s. Multiplay contacting me the moment BF1 servers are allowed to be hosted by non EA / Dice arselickers.

Message edited by DementiaCat - Wednesday, 19/10/2016, 3:37 PM

pokanikDate: Tuesday, 01/11/2016, 0:51 AM | Message # 11
Private
Group: Registered
" In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways."

that might just be the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen
Fuck you, EA

GrumpehBritDate: Tuesday, 01/11/2016, 2:17 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
the only people it will benefit is DiCe.
and they do not have the resources to handle this, so its going to benefit a sub party in disguise....

danielvengoecheaDate: Thursday, 03/11/2016, 10:56 PM | Message # 13
Private
Group: Registered
Really looking for a battlefield 1 clan who do i connect with

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 04/11/2016, 4:23 PM | Message # 14
Quote danielvengoechea ()
Really looking for a battlefield 1 clan who do i connect with

danielvengoechea, stop by our TeamSpeak and poke / PM Staff (Jamesuperfun, SgtDarkPhoenix, Puko, Adrian...). So ranks Founder, Admin, Leader or Recruiter, they'll take it over.
TS: 85.236.100.96:11297 or click https://tinyurl.com/bobclan-ts
Hope you'll enjoy your stay wink

- Used to be an Admin...

Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » BoB on Battlefield 1?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

?>