[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » SPEED UP YOUR INTERNET (If you think you have a slow internet or just want more)
SPEED UP YOUR INTERNET
xgesooxDate: Monday, 31/08/2015, 2:42 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Registered
Hello there, you may think im joking when im telling you, you could double, triple your internet connection in very simple steps. dont believe me? Follow these steps and see for yourself. For those who already know of this please dont hate. Everyone knows my internet sucks, when i first did speedtest.net i had "Ping:117-Download:1.02Mbps-Upload:0.30Mbps". After this i have "Ping:22-Download:5.06Mbps-Upload:4.95Mbps" and that is my average. Mainly you all have a beastly Internet so you wouldnt tell the difference but in my case it really made a difference. So this post is for all platoon members who would like a slightly faster internet, and of course, its legal and anyone can do it..It may not be much but i feel as i if i need to give something back to this platoon for being so nice and welcoming from the first day i arrived. So this is for BoB. I salute each and everyone one of you -Skrillex (ex Doctorpie102)

SO LETS GET STARTED

First Things First.
1 - Open Run Console (Windows + R) and type gpedit.msc and press enter.
2 - Select Computer Configuration.
3 - Enter Administrator Templates > Network > Qos packet sheduler.
4 - Double click on Limit reservable bandwidth and select "disabled", apply and then close.
5 - Type into Windows Search Bar "command prompt" and launch as administrator.
6 - Type/Paste the command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
7 - Press Enter and close command prompt.

I suggest you do the above step before this next one. Works for Windows 7 - 8 - 10
The DNS's ill be giving you are OpenDNS and Google.dns, you can choose from either, it honestly didnt make much difference to me

Windows 7 - 8
1 - Open Control Panel
2 - Network and Sharing Center
3 - Click on your connection (Home Network)
4 - Properties
5 - Highlight Internet Protocol 4(TCP/IPv4) and click properties
6 - Click on "Use The following DNS server adress"
7 - Preferred DNS Server: 208 . 67 . 222 . 222 / 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
Alternate DNS Server: 208 . 67 . 220 . 220 / 8 . 8 . 4 . 4
8 - Give the "OK" and close

Windows 10
1 - Right click on start menu and select Network Connections
2 - Select your internet, right click and press on Properties
3 - Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties
4 - Select Use the following DNS server addresses
5 - Preferred DNS Server: 208 . 67 . 222 . 222 / 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
Alternate DNS Server: 208 . 67 . 220 . 220 / 8 . 8 . 4 . 4
6 - Give the "OK" and close

CHECK OUT YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION AT speedtest.net
NOTE: I RECCOMEND YOU RESTART YOUR PC AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THESE STEPS.

Message edited by xgesoox - Monday, 31/08/2015, 2:45 AM

MaslofskiDate: Monday, 31/08/2015, 8:13 AM | Message # 2
Sergeant
nice, so you dont need 3 days to download the gamings anymore

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Monday, 31/08/2015, 1:17 PM | Message # 3
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
Well... I did everything, and my ping is still the same, in one millisecond (6 ms), my download speed is exactly the same (accuracy of 0.01 Mb/s) (19.44Mb/s), but my upload speed went down by about 0.03 Mb/s (1.52 Mb/s). One of the reasons it didn't work for me is because I'm paying to have a 20 Mb/s internet connection, and I can't get it faster than that without paying more or hacking the server. This will only help people that are paying for e.g. a 20 Mb/s like me, but are getting about 10-15 Mb/s.

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

xgesooxDate: Monday, 31/08/2015, 2:18 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
Well... I did everything, and my ping is still the same, in one millisecond (6 ms), my download speed is exactly the same (accuracy of 0.01 Mb/s) (19.44Mb/s), but my upload speed went down by about 0.03 Mb/s (1.52 Mb/s). One of the reasons it didn't work for me is because I'm paying to have a 20 Mb/s internet connection, and I can't get it faster than that without paying more or hacking the server. This will only help people that are paying for e.g. a 20 Mb/s like me, but are getting about 10-15 Mb/s.

Im sorry that didnt work for you and it slowed it down. do you know how to reverse the settings or would you need a hand. still, sorry about that

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Monday, 31/08/2015, 2:26 PM | Message # 5
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
Quote xgesoox ()
Im sorry that didnt work for you and it slowed it down. do you know how to reverse the settings or would you need a hand. still, sorry about that

Don't worry m8y, I didn't expect anything because I already knew I'm getting the max out of what I'm paying for. And the part where it became slower - it is such a small difference it was probably just a mistake while measuring (random fluctuation).

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Monday, 31/08/2015, 2:27 PM

MaslofskiDate: Tuesday, 01/09/2015, 2:35 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
yeah, i lost 0,1mb with this. was worth a try though to get all of the 10mb instead of 8.26-0.56/8.16-0.56

Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » SPEED UP YOUR INTERNET (If you think you have a slow internet or just want more)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

?>