[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Games Discussion » Battlefield: Hardline discussion » BFH platoons
BFH platoons
Skull_fucDate: Sunday, 07/06/2015, 0:06 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Dedicated Member
has anyone tried to put together a platoon vs platoon game? it would be good to get a whole team of us together. Also it night help those of us who need improvement, more input and so on. plus i think it would be fun.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Sunday, 07/06/2015, 3:57 PM | Message # 2
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
OK, this needs a good and complete answer smile
1. It is hard to do it for Hardline, since there are not many players left, but we can do it for BF4.
2. We would need to make a schedule so that we can all be online at the same time - not a "problem", but some people might not even know if they will be able to play at that time, and saying "I'm in, let's do it tomorrow." and then not showing up will ruin the game for others, even though it might not be your fault that you couldn't be online. It also puts pressure on people that they must be online at that moment and being late is also aggravating to the rest of your team (of course nobody HAS to do it, it comes down to individual desire to participate in clan wars).
3. We would need to find another platoon to fight against and we'd have to choose our members playing because you can't just roll in a server and play 5 vs 10. And there is no point in choosing someone that is bad at the game over someone that knows how to play. In the end, those that should "improve" might not get a chance to do so that often. Also, those platoons that have "Schedule a clan war" option on their website are usually full of pro players and we would just get wasted. No fun in that.

All in all, even though I've basically only mentioned the negatives, I would be glad to play in a clan war. It would be easier to just team-up in a public server and try to play as coordinated as possible - just as we would in a clan war. To be honest, I think that the whole organization is a bit too much compared to the size and skill of our, for now, small platoon. In the near future, I can see us being the "challengers", but until then maybe the option of just playing really tactically in the same squad in a public server is a better option.

One more thing, we might have a chance with the "TRIGGER FINGER" clan, they also play Hardline and BF4 and have around 45 members.

I hope this answers your question smile

P.S. James, I really need your opinion on this biggrin

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Sunday, 07/06/2015, 4:07 PM

JamessuperfunDate: Sunday, 07/06/2015, 4:14 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Group: Founder
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
Cut for space saving.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's something I'd love to see us do and be a part of, but I don't want it to be something the majority of members are particularly involved in since we consider ourselves a casual platoon.

To do that, we really need to grow a little more first. I would genuinely love to see scrims and things, but we'll have to wait until we can rely on having a number of people on hand to play in said scrims and make sure we still have more people to fill in for them in case something happens.

I think we should wait until we can rely on having ~8 people every single night without any plans set beforehand on at least one game before we prepare for scrims. At that point, we know there will be others to fill in if someone can't make it and would also be a good time to look into building a competitive team.

"Dip, dip, potato chip" - James Blunt

BMtKSurgeDate: Sunday, 07/06/2015, 6:43 PM | Message # 4
Major
Group: Inactive
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
One more thing, we might have a chance with the "TRIGGER FINGER" clan
Wow against TF.? I've played with them and they are pretty good but they are no match for me though wink anyways we would get dominated. IMO

Skull_fucDate: Sunday, 07/06/2015, 8:27 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Dedicated Member
Me and Jamessuperfun were taking about it this today, and it was just an idea.  But all of your points are true.  =(

JamessuperfunDate: Monday, 08/06/2015, 6:18 AM | Message # 6
Colonel general
Quote Skull_fuc ()
Me and Jamessuperfun were taking about it this today, and it was just an idea.  But all of your points are true.  =(

Yeah its a good idea, it's just not the right time. When we've recruited a little more definitely smile

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Monday, 08/06/2015, 12:41 PM | Message # 7
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
Skull_fuc, simply PTFOing in a random public server isn't far from a real clan war, just that the chances of us getting trashed are smaller and we could have more fun that way. One good squad can completely change the outcome of the match. We should try that for now smile

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

d1shyDate: Monday, 08/06/2015, 3:10 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Inactive
When I'm active more I would love the clan battles! But of competitiveness will improve how people play!!

JamessuperfunDate: Monday, 08/06/2015, 4:23 PM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Agreed with both.

Quote d1shy ()
When I'm active more I would love the clan battles! But of competitiveness will improve how people play!!
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
Skull_fuc, simply PTFOing in a random public server isn't far from a real clan war, just that the chances of us getting trashed are smaller and we could have more fun that way. One good squad can completely change the outcome of the match. We should try that for now

Forum » Games Discussion » Battlefield: Hardline discussion » BFH platoons
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

?>