[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » General Discussion » Comments and Suggestions » Teamspeak reshuffle and trim down.
Teamspeak reshuffle and trim down.
What are your thoughts on Teamspeak
1.Teamspeak has far too many channels and needs a trimming down[ 7 ][70.00%]
2.Maybe take a couple of channels out, it's not too big.[ 2 ][20.00%]
3.Teamspeak is fine as it is.[ 1 ][10.00%]
4.Doesn't bother me what you do.[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 10
mozzer1989Date: Thursday, 15/12/2016, 11:21 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Member
Hi all, since the Teamspeak channels went crazy I've noticed the active people online for BF1 has dropped drastically. I understand it is nearing Christmas but this started over 2 weeks ago, I have just been observing.

When we have such a great mix of people it's a horrible shame when they disperse because like myself they may have come on comms, been daunted my the mess and closed Teamspeak.

I'm sure it also puts off new members that want clean comms, where you can just jump straight to where you want without reading through everything. I run a 300-512 man Teamspeak that has no where near the channels this does. To give you an idea I have attached a screenshot.

Please give your thoughts on a Teamspeak tidy and any ideas/suggestions. We don't need a Teamspeak that big and it kills people off. Joining Teamspeak should be the fun start to a gaming session with friends.

We can do away with 60% of the channels easily.

Message edited by mozzer1989 - Thursday, 15/12/2016, 11:25 PM

GrumpehBritDate: Friday, 16/12/2016, 11:12 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Hello

many months ago I put this point across that there was FAR too many channels and a couple got removed, only to creep back into its current form.

I totally agree, in a community of over 250 that I had for 4 large Clanbase teams for CS:S I had, we only had around 10 channels.

As far as I can see, maybe 10 people are on TS at any given time.. ?

It needs to be massively culled to stop people hiding and or being overwhelmed.

Else we can have a massive game of hide and seek in TS, its that large...

DC

PukoDate: Friday, 16/12/2016, 6:07 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant of Master Sergeants Most Important Person
Group: Administrator
I also agree that some of the channels needs to go. Annoys me a lot to scroll up and down.
Without further discussion i will make a list of channels that needs to go. (this is my opinion only, would like to hear thoughts and proposition from others)

From top to bottom:
Under the general channels
  • general chat
  • public

basically they are the same
  • private 1-2 person
  • private 2-3 person
  • private 3-unlimited

having "private 2-3 person" is useless if you have 3-unlimited

Under the gaming channels
  • battlefield 1

having 8 channels for it is just overkill, most of the time only 1 channel is used, sometimes 2.
My recommendation is to delete all of them and create only 2 with names "allied power" and "central power"
  • battlefield 4

BoB EU2 - close quarters domination has 3 channels, since release of BF1 lot of our members switched from BF4 to BF1, it rarely played and even less is played on our server, my recommendation is to leave only one channel for it. For playing on other servers, having 3 channels is too much and my recommendation is to remove atleast 1 channel from it.
  • other games

there are 4 channels in there, BF3,BFH,GTA5 and OTHER.
No one play BF3 and BFH anymore (atleast none past month)
My recommendation is to delete all the channels and create only 2 of them with names "GAMING ROOM 1" and "GAMING ROOM 2"

• music channel

its not used anymore but would like to keep it

• virtual reality

not used at all, keep it or delete it, same to me.

Under Events
  • Eventurday Night
  • BoB shovel squad
  • Operation fancy clothes
  • Team/squad 1
  • Team/squad 2

they are not used anymore, i am not saying we should delete them all, but we should reduce numbers of it. my recommendation is to keep only 2 channels, last 2 , team 1 and team 2 (because they are already under "even lobby"

About the rest of the channels, well, i dont mind them having them there.

So, to repeat my self, this is only my opinion based on chat with other members and my observing.

Boost? Phoenix will ban you !
Complain? Phoenix will ban you !
If you... Phoenix will ban you !
Disagree with Phoenix? PERMA BAN !!!

Message edited by Puko - Friday, 16/12/2016, 6:12 PM

FrostieeyDate: Friday, 16/12/2016, 7:10 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Veteran
biggest issue is 
Quote Puko ()
Under the gaming channelsbattlefield 1
rather than have game based name,  have 4~6 channel with names like team 1, team 2, because no body knows which country is allied or central. And the country keeps on changing in different maps and rounds . so division of channels not based on Game divisions will be better.

rest not so big issues are following:
have poke to play above because users dont scroll down to people in poke to play

• general chat
  • public

i  dont mind them just place them down below because they are used less.

Quote Puko ()
private 1-2
personprivate 2-3
personprivate 3-unlimited
i have same view , reduce them to two channels- private 2 ppl, and private unlimited

Quote Puko ()
kind of agree , but idk, for this particular channels can it be set so that any member can change that particular sub channels name for other games so default would be game 1 , game 2. and if player wants to specify game he can do it in his name or channel name edit. idk  changing name of player sounds more appropriate

Quote Puko ()
music channel
idk the purpose of that channel

Quote Puko ()
Under EventsEventurday Night
i want almost all channels except operations fancy clothes., idk  you can keep that too.

but the most important is naming of channels in BF1 and their quantity, we only need 4~6 sub channels in BF1.

now the thing is that the part of solving the issue is getting bigger than the issue itself lol. this does not require so much discussion.

Message edited by Frostie - Friday, 16/12/2016, 7:12 PM

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 16/12/2016, 7:16 PM | Message # 5
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Quote Frostie ()
now the thing is that the part of solving the issue is getting bigger than the issue itself lol. this does not require so much discussion.

LMAO, one thing I agree with hahahaha

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

Supreme_EagleDate: Friday, 16/12/2016, 8:09 PM | Message # 6
Colonel general
Group: Event Manager
I didnt found much of the problem while traversing the TS channels but if you guys are really into deleting the channels then i will suggest these ones down there to be executed (without mercy)

http://imgur.com/a/79Hhd

http://imgur.com/a/OeId1
OR
DELETE EVERYTHING AND JUST KEEP ONE CHANNEL FOR GOOD(jk)

Phoenix's edit: I moved your pics to Imgur for easier viewing.

Lord Supreme Eagle | All Hail The Lord

Doctorpie103Date: Friday, 16/12/2016, 8:33 PM | Message # 7
Private
I agree with Puko. No more to be said
Also, recovered account..
GG to me

Supreme_EagleDate: Saturday, 17/12/2016, 6:46 AM | Message # 8
Colonel general
Quote Doctorpie103 ()
I agree with Puko. No more to be said
There is a lot to be said, its not a one man's job (job... lol). Don't decide the things in a jiff
lets see for some more alternatives (with this i mean about which channels should be combined/deleted/renamed) so we don't have to do it again for many days/years to come.

on the other hand let James do this Honorable work. ( lol @phoenix)

Message edited by Supreme_Eagle - Saturday, 17/12/2016, 7:00 AM

Doctorpie103Date: Saturday, 17/12/2016, 10:16 AM | Message # 9
Private
Pretty sure this is Phoenix
Attachments: 3038474.png (1.6 Kb)

Supreme_EagleDate: Saturday, 17/12/2016, 2:31 PM | Message # 10
Colonel general
Quote Doctorpie103 ()
Pretty sure this is Phoenix
lol lol

mozzer1989Date: Saturday, 17/12/2016, 6:39 PM | Message # 11
Sergeant
If I may make a suggestion, here is an example of a possibly better layout. I may have missed out some channels some guys need so they can always be added in.

The AFK channel is generally used for any "do no disturb" circumstance so padding out similar channels doesn't make sense. Also I suggest moving the default channel to the General Chat where people can actually talk :P

Please ignore the vertical scroll bar, I Photoshop-failed :P This would be the entire of TS.

Message edited by mozzer1989 - Saturday, 17/12/2016, 6:42 PM

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 17/12/2016, 7:42 PM | Message # 12
Prepare yourselves for a motherload of a reply.

OK, Puko knows, and I'm pretty sure James has a clue, that I'm getting a little pissed over this. So here's my reply.

Quote mozzer1989 ()
since the Teamspeak channels went crazy I've noticed the active people online for BF1 has dropped drastically

I have absolutely no idea how those two are supposed to be connected. The channels and overall layout have stayed the same ever since the TS was set up in Spring 2016.
I've been dealing in recruitment and forums for well over a yeah and a half now, as long as I've been Staff in this clan. Activity had fluctuated before, and will continue to fluctuate. Almost every singe new member that came in this clan was first contacted by me. I know when there are weeks, or even months, with lover activity on Battlefield Forums, and then it explodes, we get 5 new Members in a couple days, then it lays low again, and bursts out again. Nothing new.

Quote mozzer1989 ()
they disperse because like myself they may have come on comms, been daunted my the mess and closed Teamspeak.

The second channel from top is called "RECRUITMENT (Poke Staff if you are new!)". So for every new person, it's clear what they have to do when they first come on, no need to be daunted. After becoming a Member, I'm pretty sure they have a good grasp on the TS layout. It's really not that complicated. You have General Channels, Gaming Channels, Events, and Moderated Channels. All the channels that have subchannels are red, to make it even easier to navigate. Not to say that a smart person would have collapsed channels they don't want to see if they have such problems with a couple extra channels staring back at them. Not to say that once you're in a lobby, playing a game, I really don't think you are bothered by the fact that in the background of your game, somewhere, lurks a minimized TeamSpeak server with, what you consider are, too many channels...  fear

Quote mozzer1989 ()
I run a 300-512 man Teamspeak that has no where near the channels this does.

I respect that, but if you fill your server (and there is no need to have a server that big unless you can actually fill it), there will be 30 people in each lobby. Now that sure isn't enough lobbies, I go nuts when there are over 7 guys in the same channel.

Quote mozzer1989 ()
Joining Teamspeak should be the fun start to a gaming session with friends.

That is why we have memes in the channels.

Quote DementiaCat ()
It needs to be massively culled to stop people hiding and or being overwhelmed.Else we can have a massive game of hide and seek in TS, its that large...

Again, smart people might come to the idea of adding others to friends on TS, so they are painted green, as shown in the picture below. Regardless of the number of channels, it makes it so much easier to see people in channels. But then again, one actually has to know how to use a program, and that is often too hard.

Quote Puko ()
having "private 2-3 person" is useless if you have 3-unlimited

I was not aware people had the idea it was a "2 to 3 person channel". In fact, it is a Private channel number two, for 3 people. I changed the names to reflect that better:

Quote Puko ()
My recommendation is to delete all of them and create only 2 with names "allied power" and "central power"

Interesting, if we used only 2 channels I will have those names. However, memes are love, memes are life.

Quote Puko ()

As a Battlefield community, I feel that it is necessary to have those games honored with at least one channel. Personally, I had put two squads under each game, but James told me to get rid of it  lol

Quote Puko ()
music channelits not used anymore but would like to keep it

Eagle will be setting up a dedicated music streaming PC, so yeah, we need that.

Quote Puko ()
virtual realitynot used at all, keep it or delete it, same to me.

I deleted it some time ago, believe it or not. James recreated it after 2 days. So I guess it's staying.
Literally the same thing happened with Low Bandwidth. Pretty sure Extreme Money Making - $AMD TO THE MOON! would go the same way. Plus I will make sure the last one stays for good. Point of this? Don't touch James' channels.

Quote Puko ()
Under Events
Eventurday Night
BoB shovel squad
Operation fancy clothes
Team/squad 1
Team/squad 2

We need Squads 1 and 2 for general events. Operation Fancy Clothes has been deleted yesterday, thought that was such a fabulously named channel... credits to 4D71AN. RIP Fancy Clothes...
Eventurday Night and Shovel Squad are staying, as both will be reactivated as soon as servers allow kicking and banning, and we have one for ourselves.

Quote Frostie ()
have poke to play above because users dont scroll down to people in poke to play

Although a legitimately good idea, I'm afraid it will have to be separated from the Moderated channels, defeating it's purpose. Hence, it's a no go.

Quote Frostie ()
i dont mind them just place them down below because they are used less.

They are General Channels, and those are sorted on top. Again, a no go.

Quote Frostie ()
i have same view , reduce them to two channels- private 2 ppl, and private unlimited

Explained above, we need 2-person for private talk, 3-person for double recruitment, and unlimited simply so that you can have 4 people or whatever. Just in case, it had happened.

Quote Frostie ()
can it be set so that any member can change that particular sub channels name for other games so default would be game 1 , game 2.

Too much trouble for something that would almost never be done by people.

Quote Frostie ()
idk the purpose of that channel

Eagle streams music there so anyone can join and listen in.

Quote Frostie ()
i want almost all channels except operations fancy clothes.

Quote Frostie ()

Thank you for both smile

Quote Supreme_Eagle ()
http://imgur.com/a/79Hhd

Quote Supreme_Eagle ()
on the other hand let James do this Honorable work. ( @phoenix)

LOL hahahaha

Quote Doctorpie103 ()
Pretty sure this is PhoenixAttachments: 3038474.png(2Kb)

How did you know?  tongue

Quote mozzer1989 ()
here is an example of a possibly better layout.

So you would basically wipe out the entire Private Chat part, Low Bandwidth, all of the fabulous and historically accurate memes and channels, Eagle's Music and James' Life (Virtual Reality), all of the Events and Seeding, and basically the entire AFK? Not good, really not good...

AFK is divided my the level of AFK-ness, from "Poke me if you need me" to "I'm gone" and "Touch me and you die."

P.S. If anyone got offended, I guess you'll just have to live with it.

- Used to be an Admin...

mozzer1989Date: Sunday, 18/12/2016, 3:57 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
You seems to mostly be offended and be in denial of what a lot of people are saying so I'm just going to answer a few points aimed at myself instead of arguing, this shouldn't be this big of an issue. I thought this community was a democracy through James?

Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
Quote mozzer1989 ()
I run a 300-512 man Teamspeak that has no where near the channels this does.

I respect that, but if you fill your server (and there is no need to have a server that big unless you can actually fill it), there will be 30 people in each lobby. Now that sure isn't enough lobbies, I go nuts when there are over 7 guys in the same channel.

It's an EVE Online server, 150 people in one channel is quite acceptable as there is comms discipline.
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
Quote mozzer1989 ()
Joining Teamspeak should be the fun start to a gaming session with friends.

That is why we have memes in the channels.

Practicality has to come first though, and memes are no good if you can't see them. The sentiment is good but people don't go on TS to look at memes, they want to just relax and jump in a game.
I've ran that community for over 10 years now. I've gone channel crazy myself but I learnt that the majority don't want that and changed it. If you don't and try to force your view on everyone, they just leave. You can't base every definition of a "smart" person around instantly know all about TS and it's features.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Sunday, 18/12/2016, 5:00 PM | Message # 14
Quote mozzer1989 ()
You can't base every definition of a "smart" person around instantly know all about TS and it's features.

I still don't understand how hard can it be to open a TeamSpeak server and see where  are little blue dots that have ranks and join that lobby?
But whatever, I'll just wait for James' call.

- Used to be an Admin...

Supreme_EagleDate: Tuesday, 20/12/2016, 6:08 PM | Message # 15
Colonel general
I'll just wait for James' call.

This scares me.

Forum » General Discussion » Comments and Suggestions » Teamspeak reshuffle and trim down.
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

?>