[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Games Discussion » Battlefield 4 discussion » SEEDING ! (Please seed our server !)
SEEDING !
GrumpehBritDate: Thursday, 17/03/2016, 10:52 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Hi

I have noticed that our BoB server is pretty much empty...a lot.

Yes, there are times when its not, but more often that not its empty.

Personally I love playing on something we 'own' and its also a great community hub / show of strength and useful recruitment tool.

We need to get it seeded, and busy, so that people add to favourites..its that simple :)

I will be speaking to James / Lander soon to see what we have tried / can do to help get it populated but I am calling on everything to sit and idle on it as much as possible please.  I know its a small server but with the right mix of maps and modes it still should be busier...or it needs reducing and using purely as a match / praccy server...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/9f0dbee3-2c3e-45c0-b45b-803cb1cff4b3/

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Thursday, 17/03/2016, 5:37 PM | Message # 2
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
The map is currently stuck on Flood Zone Conquest with 24 players... who would ever want to play that!? It was just the same last time, until we switched the damn thing to Dom/Rush/TDM and got the most players we've ever had.

Hopefully I'll get the Admin rights on the server for good, so we should be able to more often switch bad maps and change rotation.

I strongly believe that there is no place for Conquest on 24 players, unless it is a flagrun server, and this one is not. We should stick to modes like Rush, Dom and TDM, maybe fun shit like Gun Master or Chain Link on Outbreak. Something not many servers have. There is a ton of Lockers, you don't need to pay for your server just to be yet another server running the same thing...

Dementia, if you will rent a server for us soon, and if you really want Lockers, that is your thing and you are paying for the thing, so it might as well be Lockers or whatever you want. Just saying that it might not be the best thing to do. Maybe mixmode with Locker that you can switch to as the next map when you want to play it, that'd be best IMO.

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 0:03 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
I was gonna say it needs to come off conquest for 24 man and go TDM or Gun Master, and sort the rotation out..but I did not know how it was set up and or whats already been tried
failing this, and 24 man just wont cut it, reduce in size and make it the clan training / match server locked out and ill rent a large one for you guys with admin rights for all deemed good to have it.

Yeah the locker thing is purely as I see ALOT of them full ALL the time on this, but I agree it needs some restrictions i.e. no explosives etc and a mix of modes...

I'm not moving on this until we get something sorted for BoB server #1 mind

DC

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 5:01 PM | Message # 4
I don't want one server to be lost as "training server"... The guy that's renting that is still paying money for it, and such servers are rarely used.
The weapon restrictions can be fully handled within a couple hours of setting up every single freaking gun and what not, but after that you should not have to do that again in like ever.
More shit is in my reply here: http://bandofbrothers.at.ua/forum/3-205-1

- Used to be an Admin...

JamessuperfunDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 9:01 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Group: Founder
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
We should stick to modes like Rush

While I agree with your post in general, Rush is terrible on 24 slots. It heavily favours the attackers.

DementiaCat, I agree. We need to start seeding better. I'll look in to disabling the inactive kicking and leaving my computer connected idly.

"Dip, dip, potato chip" - James Blunt

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 18/03/2016, 9:51 PM | Message # 6
Quote Jamessuperfun ()
While I agree with your post in general, Rush is terrible on 24 slots. It heavily favours the attackers.

Hell no, put lower ticket count if you have a problem with attackers. 64 player rush is like 64 player Locker CQL, then reduced to TDM, then put on just two MCOMs LOL :P
Rush is supposed to be tactical, and not just a variant of the same clusterfuck on a different MCOM every time.

Added (18/03/2016, 9:51 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Rush with 24 players is like the most wanted tactical mode after Domination with 16 player or similar.

- Used to be an Admin...

JamessuperfunDate: Tuesday, 22/03/2016, 10:16 AM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
Hell no, put lower ticket count if you have a problem with attackers. 64 player rush is like 64 player Locker CQL, then reduced to TDM, then put on just two MCOMs LOL :PRush is supposed to be tactical, and not just a variant of the same clusterfuck on a different MCOM every time.
Added (18/03/2016, 9:51 PM)
Rush with 24 players is like the most wanted tactical mode after Domination with 16 player or similar.

You can't change the ticket count on Official. The defenders have to kill the attackers 100 times before they destroy 2 objectives. It's pointless for defenders, if the server has 8 people on it then 4 kills for the attackers and that's it, the objectives are theirs.

It could be added when the server gets pretty full, but particularly when it's more empty it's a complete waste of time.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Tuesday, 22/03/2016, 11:10 AM | Message # 8
Quote Jamessuperfun ()
You can't change the ticket count on Official.

Are we gonna stick with Official forever? You have your own server so that you can do shit on it, not so you can obey EA rules like a wimp.
But if it's a 100 tickets we are talking about, then I agree with you. I just though we might want to lower the ticket count.

- Used to be an Admin...

JamessuperfunDate: Wednesday, 23/03/2016, 8:19 PM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
Are we gonna stick with Official forever? You have your own server so that you can do shit on it, not so you can obey EA rules like a wimp.But if it's a 100 tickets we are talking about, then I agree with you. I just though we might want to lower the ticket count.

Not forever, but for the foreseeable future. Otherwise it'll just sit dead again. I think it would be wise to have another of these threads then since we will have significantly more options and experience with servers as well as possibly different tastes.

We do still control the server, we just don't control all of it. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm like 90% sure that Rush is locked to 100 tickets.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Thursday, 24/03/2016, 8:49 AM | Message # 10
Quote Jamessuperfun ()
Not forever, but for the foreseeable future. Otherwise it'll just sit dead again.

I definitely agree with the fact that it will be dead.

But there is a twist - not enough people seed. I know Zelene will go like "Ou, DarkPhoenis, you no seed, you no play, n00b". Fine.
But we were playing a 3v3 on our smaller server a couple weeks back. James, you were there too. The match turned into 11v10 within 4 minutes, I couldn't keep up with the change of playstyle - from hunting people down to total chaos in CQB (map was Zavod Domination).

What's my point?
When you have 6 people on a sever, shit get's fulled VERY quickly. I once seeded a 64 slot server by myself. Thought it was ours (BoB&Nite Golmud Railway, that was way back in the day LOL) and I wanted to fly helicopters and practice manoeuvres. Soon it turned from 1/64 to 5/64, match started and in a couple minutes we've had a nice 15v15.

Having two people seeding a Locker server is useless. There are at least 7 other servers, all Lockers, but with 7 or 10 people on it. They will take most of the players and our server will be left with 2 people. Even when the third guy joins, he can only see nobody on and leave.

We need to seed the server with at least 6 or 8 idle accounts that get kicked once the thing gets full, or not seed at all. Another option would be: we have 6 people on TS playing random games. Should we join our server and play together? YES! Set the map to whatever and let's go! You will have an enjoyable 15v15 in about 10 minutes.

Quote Jamessuperfun ()
I think it would be wise to have another of these threads then since we will have significantly more options and experience with servers as well as possibly different tastes.

We also need to make a poll on the maps people want to play, but probably after the anniversary Event.

Quote Jamessuperfun ()
We do still control the server, we just don't control all of it.

We obviously don't control shit if you can't kick or ban people. Sure there are some options enabled, but having 6 people seed is much more powerful than having the server set to Official.

Added (24/03/2016, 8:49 AM)
I've just seen that you guys have been playing on our Dank 420 server yesterday and not many people joined... Again, 6 people on Locker CQL is not a lot, players join Lockers to camp in one spot the whole game and meatgrind, and you need at least 30 people to do that. Dunno what else to say and do to help...

- Used to be an Admin...

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Thursday, 24/03/2016, 8:16 AM

JamessuperfunDate: Sunday, 27/03/2016, 3:01 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
You severely underestimate the situation. It does not always fill within a few minutes with 6 people. For the last few days we have had that number of [BoB]members on with nothing happening. Other times it does fill quickly. Generally, don't bother seeding unless there's 4+ people. With Ranked it's not going to fill that quickly at all, the only reason we regularly have a decent few players on is because of it's Official status.

One person sitting idle isn't going to do shit, but when the group of 5 people playing join the server then it does. Connect and sit idle, it helps.

From what I've seen, just about everyone has been using the server recently. The issue now is convincing people to leave their systems idle so the servers will fill with a bunch of players.

We do control it. We can set what maps and modes are running, end the round, set whatever messages, titles etc we like. Nobody is arguing that it's a good thing to have the restrictions but for now it's the only way we're filling the servers IMO.
Quote SgtDarkPhoenix ()
(Removed)

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Sunday, 27/03/2016, 6:20 PM | Message # 12
Quote Jamessuperfun ()
With Ranked it's not going to fill that quickly at all, the only reason we regularly have a decent few players on is because of it's Official status.

That might be true, but why do you think so? Have you done and relevant testing?

- Used to be an Admin...

Forum » Games Discussion » Battlefield 4 discussion » SEEDING ! (Please seed our server !)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

?>