[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions for gaming headset (Any help appreciated)
Suggestions for gaming headset
marinostheoDate: Wednesday, 30/08/2017, 1:13 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Member
Hey guys,

I’m looking to buy a decent pc gaming headset with surround sound and a good quality mic. Has to be comfortable as well. Price range around 100Euros maybe a bit more.

Alternatively I have a pair of Audio-Technica Ath-m50 that produce amazing sound and I’m thinking of pairing them with a quality desktop mic if u know any good ones out there.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Marinos

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Wednesday, 30/08/2017, 4:32 PM | Message # 2
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
As I said on WAP, Logitech G430 with 7.1 virtual surround is great. Not extremely loud, but just enough for me. Depends on what you're listening to, sometimes 100% is just not quite there, other times 40% is pushing the limit (khm earrape memes khm).

I wouldn't recommend spending too much on a headset. Don't go over €100, not worth it. Sure you'll get crap for €20, but for like €70-80 you'll get great stuff.

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Thursday, 31/08/2017, 8:37 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Over the years i have spend hundreds on these things.

I currently use a Plantronics 788.  Reasonable priced, no weird windows conflicts and easy to use, virtual 7.1 comfy and light on the head.  Plantronics are masters at microphones and i seriously would not change these out atm.

You do want something that is comfy, and if your a hot head dont go for closed as your ears will burn up hotter than Phoenixs pants when he sees a meme

Ive had the previous models to, 760, 780.  For me to keep returning to these is pretty impressive as i tend to change them out often, worst ones i had where Roccat Kaves...fuck me i had 3 sets of these in 2 years, kept breaking

http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/gamecom-788

Message edited by GrumpehBrit - Thursday, 31/08/2017, 8:38 AM

lpmc1999Date: Thursday, 31/08/2017, 3:06 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Well, this is my headset.
https://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_181159.html
Saved the money and bought bf1.

- MrReziik

OAEonDate: Thursday, 31/08/2017, 3:36 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Veteran
I have a HyperX Cloud headset. Very comfortable, great sound and a metal headband so I can't break it putting on my big fat head.

marinostheoDate: Thursday, 31/08/2017, 3:40 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies, your help is greatly appreciated!

I eventually went with this (Kingston HyperX Cloud II): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp....p;psc=1

There seems to be a general hype around it, has lots of reviews and overall the whole package seems attractive so I took the plunge.

I was gonna go for a logitech tbh or the corsair void but the market here is really limited and expensive so I resorted to amazon.uk as always. The Plantronics 788 was unfortunately out of stock. 

Eventually I found this one online at a local tech chain for the same price as on amazon so I went for it.

I think it will be a good purchase, we'll see when it gets delivered I guess tongue

Again, thanks for all your help.

See you on the battlefield.

OAEonDate: Thursday, 31/08/2017, 7:31 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Group: Veteran
Quote marinostheo ()
I eventually went with this (Kingston HyperX Cloud II): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp....p;psc=1

Good chioce wink

marinostheoDate: Friday, 01/09/2017, 12:35 PM | Message # 8
Sergeant
Quote OAEon ()
Good chioce

I guess the long hours of procrastinating on online reviews did pay off eventually  up

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Sunday, 03/09/2017, 11:44 AM | Message # 9
Quote GrumpehBrit ()
You do want something that is comfy, and if your a hot head dont go for closed as your ears will burn up hotter than Phoenixs pants when he sees a meme

lol  lol  lol

I hope you'll be happy with your choice! biggrin

GrumpehBritDate: Sunday, 03/09/2017, 4:47 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
  • Pro-gaming optimised - closed-cup design for passive noise cancellation, Noise Cancelling Microphone & Echo Cancelling via Inline Sound Card.

oh dear.... sweaty ears alert

also that inline control looks a tad similar to the Roccat Kaves... good luck ! sad

Message edited by GrumpehBrit - Sunday, 03/09/2017, 4:48 PM

marinostheoDate: Thursday, 07/09/2017, 9:32 AM | Message # 11
Sergeant
Sooo... my headset arrived.

Sweaty ears it is  rolleyes 

Overall, superb built quality and impressive packaging, extremely comfy (except from the hot ears situation, not easy to avoid that I live in a hot country), good mic, no probs whatsoever with the inline control. Sound really loud as well.

However, 7.1 surround effect is total shit, really distorted sound and totally fucked up positional awareness, I don't use it at all. Real bummer that does not come with a software to mess with. 

I don't think it is worth the money to be honest, no gaming headset does.

They are also not ideal for listening to music.

Sound from my audio technicas is much better, shouldn't have fallen in the "7.1 surround" trap.

I now rest my hopes for the future in Dolby Atmos for headphones, that sounds good.

GrumpehBritDate: Friday, 08/09/2017, 7:09 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
7.1 or even 5.1 is only ever going to be 'assumed' with 2x drivers.

Roccat Kaves (the old ones) had additional drivers but suffered with hot / exploding inlines and where heavy as fuck

Not sure on the Logitech situation re those.

The other reason why lack of additional drivers is weight, they need to be as light as possible.

I told you about the hot ears, people do not listen... lol  

*pops his £50 788 Plantronics back on....*

Heres a clue :

Gaming headset = no good for music (buy a seperate pair)
7.1 = assumed
Closed Cup = hot ears and only good if you want to drown out the wife nagging
Decent mic = win
Inline remote = bad
Lots of adjustment = less shrunken head syndrome (from squeezing)
Anything with red cabling = awesum !

LOLS

GB

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 09/09/2017, 9:41 AM | Message # 13
Interestingly enough, my Logitech headset has closed cup and I wear them even for up to 5 hours at a time without feeling any discomfort. Virtual 7.1 surround is indeed assumed as they only have 2 drivers, but the software they deliver is astounding and even music sounds significantly better on surround than stereo. I know some would stone me to death for saying that, but for me that is the way. Turning surround on just feels like you jumped straight into a concert instead of having a speaker stuck to each ear. Just my opinion, probably fully tied to that specific software.

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions for gaming headset (Any help appreciated)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

?>