[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » Reziik is getting a new Toaster (Need help for my new build)
Reziik is getting a new Toaster
lpmc1999Date: Wednesday, 19/07/2017, 10:33 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Member
Sup lads, as i am tired of playing on average of 25/30 fps on bf1 with a cpu temperature of around 80ºC i think its time to get a new computer, and atm i've got 2 options.

Option 1: Buy a Lenovo Legion Y520 I5-7300HQ w/ gtx1050ti 4gb for 850€

Option 2 Build a Desktop with the following stuff:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 3.2GHZ-3.6GHZ 16MB AM4
GPU:MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1050 TI AERO ITX OCV1 4GB GD5
MB: Asus Prime A320M-K
Ram:1xCRUCIAL 8GB DDR4 2400MHZ BALLISTIX SPORT
Box:Micro-ATX Nox Minst with 450W power source
Power source 450w?
The rest of the stuff is pretty regular and most of it i already have, the monitor is gonna be an asus 21.5'' FHD 60hz for around 100€

If u got any advice or sugestions for making a build for my budget (550€ for the box without disks, that i already have)

As many of you guys are brits and 'mericans 

550 Reichsmark (€) are aprox 633.49$ or 486£

See ya wankers on the battlefield!

PS: looking for a computer that can run for 2/3 years well without needing upgrades for the next gen (Battlefront 2, BF 2018) AND ffs pls let it run THE WITCHER 3 smoothly (been waiting for 2 years to play that game with more than 20fps

Added (19/07/2017, 10:33 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Just discovered  the tech section now guys sorry about that.

- MrReziik

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Thursday, 20/07/2017, 9:11 AM | Message # 2
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Quote lpmc1999 ()
Sup lads, as i am tired of playing on average of 25/30 fps on bf1 with a cpu temperature of around 80ºC

Sounds like me LOL

Quote lpmc1999 ()
Lenovo Legion Y520 I5-7300HQ w/ gtx1050ti 4gb

Seen that laptop IRL yesterday. It looks cool but the screen seems really small to the point where you need to question it's usability. Standard laptops are at 15.6" but this one has so much borders around the screen it just feels weird and bulky.
I don't think they have 17.3" versions at all.

Quote lpmc1999 ()
GPU:MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1050 TI AERO ITX OCV1 4GB GD5

I have the R9 280X: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare....9vs2192
I am pretty sure the 1050 won't cut it, especially if you need longevity. Personally, I'd say 1060 is the minimum, maybe even 1070. I was looking at a 1060 and realized it's not THAT big of an improvement from my 280X which gives me lag in BF1. Cannot guarantee, but that's my opinion.
The rest of the build I am not familiar with... More RAM can easily be added later, and the power supply will depend on how much power the GPU needs and how much power you will effectively get (a 600W supply might only effectively give you like 530W if it's lower quality).
CPU's and MB's aren't my area.

Quote lpmc1999 ()
550 Reichsmark (€)

I genuinely died right here hahahahaha

CONCLUSION
Quote lpmc1999 ()
PS: looking for a computer that can run for 2/3 years well without needing upgrades for the next gen (Battlefront 2, BF 2018)

That will cost you more than €550. If you can afford an €850 laptop, I'd say you push that mark with your desktop because they will give you more for the same price. €850 - €550 - €100(monitor) = €200 extra. I would recommend using that for a better GPU and maybe PSU.
Make a desktop if you can and have space for it. If you need a laptop for other things (portability, work away from home) then you are really left with no choice.

P.S. I know Y520 series even has versions with 16GB of DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD and beastly CPU's, but they cost more. The one you picked seems to be on the very low end of Y520's, and I'm pretty sure the GPU they have are not Ti's. The beastly ones go for just under €1000 over here, but for that price you can get a killer desktop.

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Thursday, 20/07/2017, 9:54 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Hello
Firstly, steer clear of AMD anything.  It might seem like a good idea at first but stick to Intel for the love of all things holy.... go 1+ below top spec or do your homework
Buy the rest of the kit to what your budget is, but 8gig ram needs to really be 16 gig, do not hold back with a NICE case (as your gonna look at it for a long time) and decent cooling.
PSU wise, 450...no... go 600+
GFX wise stick to 1+ models below top spec as the price hike can be huge between top and one/two below.  Again stick to Nvidia and not AMD

Its not that i hate AMD, its just that since 1996 every single god damn time ive had an AMD product there has been some issue or another, YES they are cheaper, but its a false economy.

Main thing is, GFX can be upgraded later as long as you have PSU power spare, ram can be added also long as you do not go for some weird arse shit Tom Hardy special edition 'my coat is fluffy' bollocks that uses weird timings or something to make it harder to pair up later.  To the naked eye you wont see much improvement from Special Forces A list Super Super Jamesuperfun special ram to SgtFaggot McFaggot 'i cant hit shit from 1 metre with a bazooka' ram unles you buy LIDLS own...you know what i mean.

Remember, cooling, Rail power....pretty case.... with lots of space for air circulation.. And do not overclock unless your from Croatia...and stupid.

thanks

GrumpehBrit

Supreme_EagleDate: Thursday, 20/07/2017, 11:58 AM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Event Manager
Want my holy gaming rig? (Description in another thread named as - share your PC info or something like that)

Added (20/07/2017, 11:57 AM)
biggrin

Added (20/07/2017, 11:58 AM)

Quote GrumpehBrit ()
And do not overclock unless your from Croatia...and stupid.

Whahahahahahahahahahhah biggrin

Lord Supreme Eagle | All Hail The Lord

lpmc1999Date: Thursday, 20/07/2017, 12:32 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Guys based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBKHsMar1Jo and a few more comparasions between both cpu's i might afford, I think i'm gonna stick to the amd Ryzen 1500x or 1600 simply because of the fact that it uses much less cpu, it comes with a medium cooler for the same price as the i5 7600, i'm gonna take a look at ram and box, maybe add 1 or 2 fans more. but i'm gonna buy the computer in late august/september so i'm open to sugestions until then.
About the upgrades (possible more ram  and maybe a 1070 if work goes well next year, but so far, my budget for the box will not be more than 600€

- MrReziik

OAEonDate: Friday, 21/07/2017, 5:12 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Veteran
I'd suggest a) not getting more than 8 GB memorry at this time and b) try getting something more than a 1050Ti. I have 16 GB in my rig and I can't recall when I've gone about 8 GB used during gaming.

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 21/07/2017, 5:44 PM | Message # 7
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Quote GrumpehBrit ()
And do not overclock unless your from Croatia...and stupid.

I overclocked from 3.3GHz to 4.3GHz on air cooling lol

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

VicarusDate: Saturday, 22/07/2017, 12:58 PM | Message # 8
Private
Group: Registered
Go for a 600-700 PSU. A 450 is pushing it very fine and if you ever upgrade in the future you'll thank yourself getting the extra power. Also make sure it's gold, little tip for you. If you go for bronze or silver it'll cost you more electricity in the long-term.

Everything else looks great though.

GrumpehBritDate: Tuesday, 25/07/2017, 10:33 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
since when do gamers care about our CO2 footprint smile

Added (25/07/2017, 10:32 PM)
please do not listen to them, go 16 gig....for the love of god.

its pennies more...it really is and one of the cheapest ways to improve performance.

also, no overclocking.  please.  unless u can strap a 12 inch fan on the case pointing inwards its just plain stuuupid.  Your pushing your hardware above its designed tolerance so unless you a zen master at PC cooling and safe overclocking its just a heat source for the homeless.

i go back all the way to 1995 with this stuff...old school smile

as i said, the most expensive thing is your GFX, buy to budget can always get a higher model later when the next batch of money suckers come out...

Added (25/07/2017, 10:33 PM)
pps SSD for the win.  just do not leave anything important on it, as they tend to just stop...

lpmc1999Date: Tuesday, 25/07/2017, 10:45 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Quote GrumpehBrit ()
so unless you a zen master at PC cooling and safe overclocking its just a heat source for the homeless.
Idk if my experience in playing with a 80ºc laptop cpu counts as being a cooling master but i gotta say that burning my palms is not really great.

- MrReziik

Forum » General Discussion » General Discussion » Reziik is getting a new Toaster (Need help for my new build)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

?>