[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Discussion » New member welcome » GrumpehBrit reporting for furry duties !
GrumpehBrit reporting for furry duties !
GrumpehBritDate: Friday, 29/01/2016, 5:42 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Friends
Meow smile

My name is Lee, a 46 year old male living nr Brighton, SE England !

I am and old git, but I do like a good laugh.  I can be serious if needed for games (to a point) but I have a fun outlook on gaming and always looking for the funny side of things.

I'm a team player..end of.  Objective always smile

I have been playing online fps (and other games) since 1995 and this list includes :

Quake 1-4.  MoH Series.  Counterstrike / CS: Source.  All of the BF Series barring Hardline (will get this).

Other games in the past :

World of Warcraft / Eve Online / Assetto Corsa

and on console (ps4 current and xb1 - sold this now)

FIFA 16 / Project Cars

There has been other games that have come and go that I have forgotten, but these are the main ones with 5 years playing the likes of CS:Source and WOW continuously.  So obviously ive done raiding in WOW, and loads and loads of ranked games with CS:Source (over 600 clanbase ladder 5v5 league games alone) in the 5 years I played it.

Currently I ONLY play PC BF4 (any mode / any map) and FIFA 16 on the PS4 as that's all I get time for these days smile

I am also used to running clans of various sizes (from 5 to 100+) and have quite a good admin experience with games like Quake series / CS:Source and MOH servers (having been a paid admin for clanbase and gaming companies in the past).

My biggest claim to online fame was creating and running for 3 years the Quake 1 / 2 league UKQFFL (4v4v4v4) where I ran several divisions / admins / league nights all on a little program called mIRC smile and using various server admin tools + in game adminning.  It was a lot of fun and resulting in me being head hunted to be a pro admin for a company in London for a while.

Currently, I run my own business down in West Sussex which sees me busy nights Thurs - Sat inclusive, as I run a late night alcohol delivery company serving socialites in a 20 mile strip of clubs and late night pubs (coastal), and have done for 8 years licensed.

Previously I have been an ADI Driving Instructor and a Land Surveyor...and a paid Game Host Manager with a leading gaming company at the time Playing Fields (now gone due to broadband available in most homes)

Its been a good 2 years since I stopped being 'in a clan' as I got fed up with clan drama and BS and also been concentrating on my child smile but as I'm getting more and more back into BF series I want to play with friends, naturally smile

So I'm happy to have found a friendly, semi-casual gaming group that are not about 'being a number' but a human... ty for allowing me to join.

See you on the Battlefield.

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Monday, 08/05/2017, 12:34 PM

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Friday, 29/01/2016, 10:44 PM | Message # 2
~~ Your Gentle Administrator ~~
Group: Member
DUDE.... that is one seriously long post, without doubt the longest in the recruitment section and likely the longest on the Forums as a whole to date. Congrats on joining! :D

Now that you've told us your story... You have absolutely unrivaled experience in the terms of leadership in clans. Would you like to help us lead this clan as well? Nothing demanding as those "jobs" you had before, but we are in need of qualified Staff, and I can't possibly think of anyone better.
Hereby I also check your activity on the Forums, since I haven't messaged you with this idea. Please reply here with your thoughts. Meow! wink

- MasterPhoenix | Fite me 1v1 (ง ° ͜ ʖ °)ง
- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Saturday, 30/01/2016, 1:21 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Hi matey
Firstly,  I am not only humbled but also overwhelmed a little at this offer.
Part of me is excited at the prospect of getting back into clan management, but also putting my sensible head on for a sec I need to mention that not everyone in the clan would take kindly to a brand new player leapfrogging over others that have been around for longer surely ?

Also, my clan war experience is limited with BF4 and I have never run a game as admin also for this game.  I have played games yes, 8v8 games BF4 with Essex Rifles / Dirty Heroes and Dirty Old Bastards all conquest, but the vast proportion of my experience lies with previous games.  Saying this, I mentioned to Jamesuperfundude smile that I was looking to get a server and get into the admin for this via procon etc. Naturally it will be clan branded and 'given' to BoB as a gift.
My point is, that I need to get back into BF4 'in a clan' fully after being out of these scene for about 2 years before I take on any load at all.

Lastly, I need to see what time I have available, not farr on anyone to take on something I cannot commit to fully...

So give me a chance to intergrate plox, learn my shizzle so I'm confident with all things BF4 admin wise and we will talk moar smile ?

Saying that, I'm always here for advise or a shoulder if needed, always.  You do not navigate through so many years of online gaming without seeing a lot of sh*t smile

I enjoyed teaming up with you lot last night on Dragon Valley and apologise for being quiet at times on comms, this will change :P I assure you.

In three weeks I am off to Dubai for 10 days so ill try and get as much 'air time' with you people before...

GrumpehBrit
Loyal BoB Soldier

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Monday, 08/05/2017, 12:34 PM

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 30/01/2016, 2:12 PM | Message # 4
I enjoy reading your posts... so structured with such nice language usage :)

To get down to business: I'm to lazy to type it all like you, I prefer to use voice communication because it is so much easier to get instant feedback and say so much more. With that being said, here are a few quick corrections/ideas of what you got wrong (I didn't explain it correctly in the first reply):

1) I'm glad that you're overwhelmed by this offer. Gotta say I haven't heard anything back from James, so this is still not confirmed whether you can get promoted at all (although I can see why not).

2) I can see what you mean when others might feel left behind seeing you get promoted (should that actually happen). They should also bear in mind that we need competent people, and they don't have a remote chance of comparing to you. 

3) James and I would always be here if you need any instructions on how to run a clan specifically in BF4, but it's really not that hard (in BoB at the moment). You'd get a briefing before getting promoted. As for clan wars, we are only getting into those trying to set up a competitive team. Nobody has too much experience with those.

4) Thank you very much for thinking about renting a server! I do have to say that we are a smaller community and there is no need for 2 servers, so if you were to rent a big one, the smaller one might get left behind and we sure don't want that. If you were to rent a smaller one, we'd have 2 small ones and we don't need that either biggrin The way I see it, you'd be better of consulting with Lander / Wilm, the guy that is currently renting our 24 slot server to see how you can help him upgrade it.

5) Timewise, we do not expect any full commitments. When I was getting promoted, I asked James what he would expect from me in terms of activity. He said that being active for 3 days a week would be enough... This is a very casual community :)

6) Also, thank you for offering your support in general. Seems like you're going to be one of very few people that are in the platoon and that I won't leave the chat with :P For the start, your help would be most appreciated if you could simply help us bump our recruitment thread (remember! Maximum amount of bumps is 4 in 24 hours): http://bit.ly/1Z4pSM7

Hope I'll be able to play with you tonight! 

P.S.: You've passed my Forum activity test wink

- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Saturday, 30/01/2016, 4:20 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Heres how it used to work for other games :

Busy clan server/s with present fair and active admins = good community relations / reputation = influx of decent clan members. = win smile

Servers get busy when they are set up correctly with zero cock and are admined well...and get saved as favs.

If I do get a server, and its more a question of when (probably post Dubai) I will liaise with whomever I need to here to make sure I set this up to BoB's standards, and seek / assign admins that are competent and able to promote the BoB clan name as an ambassador with your recommendations.  Size wise, I was looking at 48 player full on larger maps with vehicles and no restrictions on conquest..the way he game should be played :P   Personally I hate joining a server to spend the next 10 mins getting the right loadout to not get auto killed ..

I may also get a smaller TDM in time but that's a future plan.  The TDM maps promote response times and are very much pick up and play and put down when you want....a lot of fun smile they are also great to find 3/4 other clan members and hit as you get to know each others strengths and weaknesses quickly.

Your clan system of allowing members to do this is applauded....so many are too busy worrying about collecting £2 per calendar month to care about member progression.

I have had servers from a few providers in the past, so ill do some digging for a deal as one or two companies owe me :P

and yes I am a find, but more from the logistical point of view than skill... id rather take one up the butt for the team trying to repair that worry about my kd ratio..

Nothing wrong with small communities matey, nothing at all..

PS - love your 'staff hiding' channel on TS3, made me chuckle.... times ive wanted to do that in the past if only for 30 mins of peace :P

Message edited by SgtDarkPhoenix - Monday, 08/05/2017, 12:35 PM

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Saturday, 30/01/2016, 4:48 PM | Message # 6
That Staff hiding channel is soooo broken... Anyone can join it, there is no power restriction ... when you go there, everyone on the server can see that you've switched channels and that you've moved there, plus you could simply close down TS if you need peace LOL
Let's leave all this for now, until you come back from Dubai, and let's simply play for the start wink

- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Wednesday, 30/03/2016, 11:18 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
A link to my soldier on battlelog for PC

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4....pc

Add me for furry fun !

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Wednesday, 30/03/2016, 12:15 PM | Message # 8
Quote GrumpehBrit ()
Add me for furry fun !

You got 40 or so people from the clan on your friends list, what more do you want hahaha
(I counted, yes, I am creepy and a stalker -.-)

- Used to be an Admin...

GrumpehBritDate: Tuesday, 14/06/2016, 10:18 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Hi
having now settled in my new home, and despite my ongoing feud with BT and its crappiness (I am emailing daily) I tested my TS and BF4 today and its playable (even managed to come to the mini event for a bit) with a ping of around 40 most of the time..yay..so I'm ready to recommit time

So, reporting for duty sir...if u will still have me smile meow

GrumpehGlitchorz

SgtDarkPhoenixDate: Thursday, 16/06/2016, 1:15 PM | Message # 10
RIP his internet connection :P

- Used to be an Admin...

Forum » General Discussion » New member welcome » GrumpehBrit reporting for furry duties !
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

?>